Schedule for the Day
(Times are approximate)
Volunteers arrive to prepare for the walk.
Walkers arrive and receive orientation.
There will be instruction on mindful Walking Meditation and the singing of songs of mindfulness and peace. We will enjoy the performance and participation of the Temple Bhajan Band.
Peace Is Every Step T-shirts will be available for a $10 minimum contribution. Remember to wear your T-shirt if you have one already!
We will walk silently and mindfully as a body of living peace, without banners or signs through the streets and back again. We have timed the walk and it will take 40-45 minutes walking at a slow, mindful pace.
PLEASE READ these important notes on how to walk
mindfully, peacefully and safely.
At the end of the walk we will gather together for sitting meditation followed by eating meditation. Dharma sharing will follow,
"How Can I Help?"
• Join our
"Hearts of Peace"
Greater Los Angeles organizing Sangha
(community) and take a step forward in peace with us
• Download, print and distribute
and spread the word about
Peace Is Every Step
• Individuals and Organizations can
Endorse and Sponsor our Peace Walks
• Get on our email list and we will
inform you of the date and location
of upcoming walks
• Organize a walk in your own community. We'll help you!
• Link to this page from your site
• Email your peace-minded friends
• Volunteer to help on the day of the walk.
• Contribute funds or material aid.